Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Quite the week....

Well, most of you probably heard, but we had quite the eventful week last week. We went in for a dr. appt and ended up being sent to the hospital b/c my cervix was too short. Within an hour of being in the hospital, I started having contractions and had dilated to a 2. They tried 2 medicines, both didnt work and put me on magnesium and steroid shots to make the boys lungs develop quicker in case they had to take them out. I had to stay in the hospital for a week, being monitored and seeing if they could wean me off of the mag. Sorry no pictures, but it wasn't pretty. It worked, so I came home yesterday will a basket fulll of meds to keep these boys calm in there! I am on strict bedrest, which means only getting up to use the bathroom and short showers. Good news is today we are on week 28 and the boys are growing a few weeks ahead of schedule. Baby A, the lowest, is 4 lbs, and B and C are 3 lbs each. Our goal is now to make it to 32 weeks. We have weekly appts to get checked, and Scotty is doing a great job taking care of me and everything around the house. Thanks to everyone for all the phone calls and kind thoughts, we feel really loved! I will keep you updated!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you are feeling better! I am going to be in Sacramento on Monday. I will try to come over if you are up for it! :)